Rogier van Bueren
10.974 (from NL+BE: 7.689)
40 (shares:9, comments:12)
- Roog started buying records at the tender age of seven in the late 1970s. Throughout the 1980s he started playing at school parties, birthday parties and weddings.
- At the beginning of the 1990s he fell in love with house music, the music that he heard while clubbing at Amsterdams legendary clubs Roxy and It.
- Roog has graduated from law school with a specialisation in Intellectual Property.
- Roog was voted No. 1 house DJ of Holland for three years straight by Dutch magazine Basic Groove, was voted Hollands most popular club DJ in 2004 by Nieuwe Revu magazine and was the highest ranked house DJ in the Dutch DJ Award poll of 2003, 2004 and 2005. - With his brother Greg he forms Hardsoul, the internationally successful production duo (for more information on Hardsoul, check the Hardsoul bio and www.hardsoul.nl . - Roog is playing an astonishing average of 225 gigs a year in and outside Holland.
- Roog played the main stage at Sensation in the vast Ajax Soccer stadium to 40.000 people in 2001, which was broadcasted live by TMF and Radio 538. This event elavated him from an underground house talent to the Dutch DJ super league.
- Roog has compiled ten CDs to date. The sound of Love and Dedication (United/Zomba, 2000) was the first compilation under his own name and was critically acclaimed by Dutch audiences as well as Dutch music press. The follow-up was released in 2003 on his own Hardsoul Pressings label and became one of the biggest selling house compilations of 2003. The third installment of the series was released late 2005.
- Roog frequently plays in New York's hottest club Cielo (voted No.1 club in the US in the Dancestar Awards)
- After the huge success of Back Together Defected asked Roog (Hardsoul) to join their international Defected In The House tour that brought him to London, Ibiza, Sydney and Melbourne, etc. - In 2004, Hardsoul presents Roog & Gregs release entitled Uber on UK label Toolroom saw the brothers take their sound to a next level. The track was named BBC Track Of The Week and was included on numerous international compilations. - In 2005 the brothers revived their label Hardsoul Pressings. The label was quickly adopted by both big name DJs and the record-buying public. The releases can be found on numerous international compilations such as Hed Kandi, Defected In the House and Ministry of Sound.
- MN2S (UKs biggest DJ agency and London based clubnights) asked Jon Cutler and Hardsoul to mix their 10 Years Of Our House compilation in 2005. It was voted Compilation of the Month in UKs M8 magazine.
- Hardsoul/Roog were nominated for breakthrough DJ of the year 2005 at the International House Music Awards.
- Roog and his long term booker Anouschka Erhl from Hollands Risk Agency started their own DJ agency called Beyond Bookings in 2005. More info at www.beyondbookings.com
- Roog and fellow Dutch superstar DJ Erick E teamed up to form Housequake and consistently sell out every club they perform at. In 2006, Hollands dance magazine Release devoted seven pages to the phenomena. The Housequake CD/DVD made it to the No.3 spot in the Dutch compilation chart. For more info www.housequake.nl
- In 2006 the brothers started a new label called R(oog) &G(reg) Electronics for music that wouldnt necessarily be suitable for release in the Hardsoul Pressings label and requires an alternative outlet. - The 2007 release Greg Jeroenski & Roog - Your Mind is Twisted on the R&G imprint is set to be a international underground hit. There is already broad DJ support, crucially also from the likes of Roger Sanchez and Jazzy Jeff.